httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonesy <gm...@jonz.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: .htaccess LogOn Oddity
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 23:08:49 GMT
On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:09:30 -0500, Bob Cohen wrote:

> I password protect some areas on some web sites on my server
> using .htaccess.  I'm currently running httpd 2.0.49 compiled from
> source on a RedHat 7.3 web server.  For some reason unknown to me,
> the logon screen never works on the first try.  I'll fill out
> authentication dialog box, execute it, and the "Authentication
> Required" box reappears.  If I re-enter the information a second
> time, the authentication works.

Somewhat OT:  I always fear a man-in-the-middle attack when something
like that happens to me in any authentication process.  To date it's
always been a snafu of some sort on the other end or a fat-finger
problem on my end.  But, no doubt, someday .............

Jonesy
--
  Marvin L Jones    | jonz          | W3DHJ  | linux
   38.24N  104.55W  |  @ config.com | Jonesy |  OS/2