httpd-users mailing list archives

From David S. <davidsch...@alumni.tufts.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: virtual host shuffle
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:11:14 GMT
David S. <davidschein <at> alumni.tufts.edu> writes:

> I have 3 web mod_python apps running on different ports.  It behaves as if it
> is mixing up ports.

FIXED.

To each virtual host with mod_python add:
  PythonInterpreter some_unique_name

The key to my confusion was this snippet:
"... all scripts in the same virtual server execute in the same subinterpreter,
but scripts in different virtual servers execute in different subinterpreters
with completely separate namespaces."

The key to understanding what was happening is this sentence:
"Default behaviour is to name interpreters using the Apache virtual server name
(ServerName directive)."

I have the same ServerName for each virtual host, just different ports.  So
mod_python was (it seems) using the same subinterpreter, which resulted in the
seemingly random server responses I got.