httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl <ki...@subshell.com>
Subject [users@httpd] SSIs will include error page even if status code != 200
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:37:07 GMT
Hi,

I mounted a tomcat with mod_jk to /foo and I include a jsp in a static html page
like this:

<!--#include virtual="/foo/bar.jsp" -->

Everything works quite fine, as long as the status code returned for
"/foo/bar.jsp" is 200. If it is something else like 404 or 503 I would expect
"[an error occured while pro....]" or whatever I configured the printed error
msg to be. But instead the error page sent by tomcat is included. The logfile
says the following:

[..]
unable to include "/foo/bar.jsp" in parsed file /index.html
[..]

If I try to include a nonexistent page which is served directly by the httpd
like "/bar/foo.html", which returns a 404, everything works as expected.

Is there anything I can about that?

BR,
Christoph