httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Custom indexing with autoindex
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 15:52:12 GMT
On 1/25/07, Beginner <dermot@sciencephoto.com> wrote:
> On 25 Jan 2007 at 10:20, Joshua Slive wrote:
>
> > On 1/25/07, Beginner <dermot@sciencephoto.com> wrote:
>
> > > However my efforts to make HeaderName a cgi-script are failing. Is
> > > this because I would need to generate the entire index from CGI
> > > rather than from mod_autoindex?
> >
> > Did you read
> > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_autoindex.html#headername
> > where it says:
>
> Yes I did. I came up with this (and other variations)
>
> <Directory /data/www/*/html>
>         Options +Includes +Indexes
>            IndexOptions FancyIndexing IgnoreCase SuppressHTMLPreamble
> #          AddIcon /spl-icons/folder.png ^^DIRECTORY^^
>         AddType text/html .pl
>         HeaderName /scanning-cgi/idx_footer.pl
> </Directory>
>

> idx_footer.pl prints out it's header as 'text/html'. So I am not sure
> why it not working. The AddIcon option does work when enabled.

It's not the Content-Type header that is important.  As the docs
state, it is what content-type apache believes the file has when it
includes it.

So the question is: does that "AddType text/html .pl" actually apply
to idx_footer.pl?  Ican't tell from your example exactly where
/scanning-cgi is located, but if it isn't under /data/www/*/html, then
that AddType is having no effect.

Joshua.