httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Swift" <steve.j.sw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI Windows XP
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 20:58:11 GMT
The default <Directory> block for the CGI directory under Windows is:
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

I don't see the "Allow from all" in your version.

On 19/01/07, Can Le <lecan75228@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please help me debug or post a sample link for CGI problem.
>
> Affter I re-installed  Windows and Apache2.2, I could open localhost home
> page from htdocs/index.html but not  CGI from index.cgi. I viewed old
> apache1.3 plus new apache2.2 helps:
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/misc/FAQ.html#aixccbug
>
> I am using Windows XP home, apache2.2 to write Perl cgi. I am having
> problem of running CGI with this error:
>
> [Thu Jan 18 21:05:59 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by
> server configuration: C:/Program Files/Apache Software
> Foundation/Apache2.2/cgi-bin
>
> I had these among other things in httpd.conf:
>
> LoadModule cern_meta_module lib/apache2/mod_cern_meta.so
> LoadModule cgi_module lib/apache2/mod_cgi.so
>
> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Software
> Foundation/Apache2.2/cgi-bin/"
>
> <Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software
> Foundation/Apache2.2/cgi-bin">
> AllowOverride None
> AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .html
> Options Includes +ExecCGI MultiViews
>
> LogLevel debug
> DirectoryIndex index.html index.cgi
>
> Myfile.cgi properties from Windows: unchecked Read only, apache in
> Registry: no group, but after I reboosted Windows XP, the Read only
> checkmark was checked again. Adding "debug" won't give any more hints.
>
> Do I have to remove 2 LoadModules for default.so ? I did it then restarted
> Apache but the error remained.
>
> Any help or guide is very thankful
>
> Can Le

> Never miss an email again!
> Yahoo! Toolbar<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49938/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/>alerts
you the instant new Mail arrives.Check it out.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk