httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Swift" <steve.j.sw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Installing Apache as a service
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 06:46:41 GMT
One minor correction. In the default Windows installation the bin directory
(containing httpd.exe) and the conf directory (containing httpd.conf) are in
the same (Apache2.2) directory so if you double-click on the httpd.exe it
will not find the httpd.conf file because it will start in the bin directory
and look for a conf directory below that.

You can only launch apache with a shortcut (which you would have to
construct), a batch file (which you'd have to write) or a command. The
command is the easiest. Open a command prompt, and navigate to "C:\Program
Files\Apache Software\Foundation\Apache2.2" and then the command to start
apache is bin\apache (with whatever arguments you need)

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk