httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Phill Edwards" <philledwa...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Question about ProxyPass
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:30:45 GMT
My company sends out web-based surveys to our customers. These surveys
are managed by a 3rd party so the domain name that the surveys are
served under is totally different to our domain name.

Would it be possible to use ProxyPass to make it look like the surveys
were being served under our own domain. The survey URLs look something
like this:

Page 1 - http://XXXX.com/take/?i=110194&r=20314964&h=ZP26jPoZUCD0xTXxVZoRcw
Page 2 - http://XXXX.com/Take/getsurvey.isp?i=110194&PageId=3&r=20314964&h=ZP26jPoZUCD0xTXxVZoRcw&qn=&cn=2
Page 3 - http://XXXX.com/Take/getsurvey.isp?i=110194&PageId=5&r=20314964&h=ZP26jPoZUCD0xTXxVZoRcw&qn=&cn=3
etc.

Does it depend on how the web site has been written - so for example
if they've used absolute URLs instead of relative URLs would that be a
problem?

Any advice on how this may be achieved any other way?

Regards,
Phill