httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: How to set environment variable from a LDAP attributes.
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:42:43 GMT
On Sun, 28 Jan 2007, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> So I guess this is not possible.
>
> Or is this distribution list about asking questions but not getting answer ? :)

1. AFAIK none of the regulars on this list is expert in the LDAP support
in Apache.

2. Your question is rather confused.  "the environment variable
REMOTE_USER" only exists in CGI, and various environments that
emulate a CGI environment.  Authentication enables CGI to set it.
Before anyone could answer your question, we'd need to know
what *you* mean by the question.

The authors of mod_webauth can probably answer, because they'll
know what their module actually does that you want.

--
Nick Kew