httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] dynamic configuration
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 07:23:10 GMT

Not directly. However, there are a few ways to achieve this:

- use the 3rd party module, mod_macro (http://modules.apache.org/)
- make a template config and pre-process it with sed, m4 etc.
- put in a perl (or similar) script at the start of apachectl to
generate config on the fly.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

 I have this "Location" directive in my
> Apache 2.2
> configuration file that is used for Subversion:
>
> <Location /repos>
>          DAV svn
>          SVNParentPath /local/subversion/repos
>
>          AuthType Basic
>          AuthBasicProvider anon file pam
>          AuthName "Subversion Repository"
>          AuthUserFile /local/subversion/svnpasswd
>
>          Anonymous_NoUserID off
>          Anonymous_MustGiveEmail off
>          Anonymous_VerifyEmail off
>          Anonymous_LogEmail off
>          Anonymous anonymous
>
>          AuthzSVNAccessFile /cs/local/share/subversion/authz/silver
>
>          Require valid-user
> </Location>
>
> I'm wondering whether Apache allows me to have a dynamic
> Local directive
> where I could do something like this:
>
> <Location /repos/*>
>     .
>     SVNParentPath /local/subversion/repos/$1
>     .
>     AuthUserFile /local/suversion/auth/$1/svnpasswd
>     .
>     .
>     .
>     AuthzSVNAccessFile /local/subversion/auth/$1/authz
>     .
>     .
> </Location>
>
> If Apache lets me do this, I don't need a Location directive for EACH
> repository.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Jason.

the sender's company.