httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Urie, Todd" <Todd.U...@blackrock.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Perpetural SIGSEV in Apache 1.3.27
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 20:38:18 GMT
I have run into a problem where http processes eventually get into a
state where they are continually getting and handling SIGSEV signals.
truss -p <PID> shows:

    Incurred fault #6, FLTBOUNDS  %pc = 0xFF0AF18C
      siginfo: SIGSEGV SEGV_MAPERR addr=0x00000054
    Incurred fault #6, FLTBOUNDS  %pc = 0xFF0AF18C
      siginfo: SIGSEGV SEGV_MAPERR addr=0x00000054
    Incurred fault #6, FLTBOUNDS  %pc = 0xFF0AF18C
      siginfo: SIGSEGV SEGV_MAPERR addr=0x00000054

This continues forever and ever.  Eventually all http procs get into
this state and Apache stops serving pages.  The address is the same
everytime.  I am still working on troubleshooting this.  If anyone can
point to me to some references that might help me out, I would be very
grateful.

One other piece of information.  We have 10 hosts that serve our
intranet website behind an F5 load balancer.  We have seen this problem
all week and it has been the same host in all cases.  Even after
bouncing Apache completely it came back to the same host.  None of the
other 9 are affected by this problem.

pmap shows that 0xFF0AF18C is somewhere in libpthreads.so.1.
addr=0x00000054 is in the httpd binary.

Todd Urie
Unix Admin
Blackrock Financial Mgmt
302-797-6039

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENT MAY BE PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL,
PROPRIETARY OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED FROM DISCLOSURE. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying
or use of this message and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and permanently
delete it from your computer and destroy any printout thereof.