httpd-users mailing list archives

From "DEVAL SHAH" <deva...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Client Certificate authentication not working
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 23:32:57 GMT
Hello,
Please help me I have been trying to get this working for 2 weeks now. Here
is the error:
[debug] ssl_engine_kernel.c(426): Changed client verification type will
force renegotiation
[info] Requesting connection re-negotiation
[debug] ssl_engine_kernel.c(1770): OpenSSL: Write: SSLv3 read client
certificate B
[debug] ssl_engine_kernel.c(1789): OpenSSL: Exit: error in SSLv3 read client
certificate B
[error] Re-negotiation handshake failed: Not accepted by client!?

I created a local CA. Worked fine
I have a trusted certificate from Thawte on Apache
I created a client certificate using my local CA - worked well. CN = Deval
Shah
I imported the client certificate and CA certificate in IE. IE shows the
certificate properly without any error.

httpd-ssl.conf file
SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt  -> Points to
certificate from Thawte SSLCertificateKeyFile
/usr/local/apache2/conf/ssl.key/server.key
SSLCACertificateFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/ssl.crt/devalCA.crt  -> local
CA that i created
SSLVerifyDepth  10
<Location /testcerts/*>
  SSLOptions +ExportCertData +OptRenegotiate +StdEnvVars
  SSLVerifyClient require
  SSLRequire     %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_CN} in {"Deval Shah"}
</Location>

Let me know what is wrong?

Thanks
Deval