httpd-users mailing list archives

From Israel Brewster <isr...@frontierflying.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Simple perl question
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 22:27:56 GMT
I don't know if what I am trying to do here is even possible (sane?)
but I thought I'd ask. I am running Apache 1.3.29 on an OpenBSD 4.0
system, with Apache chrooted to /var/www. I have a perl script CGI
(it has the .cgi extention, not .pl, but is actually a perl script)
that I need to run. Currently, the script is written to run using the
system perl interpreter, with the first line of the script being #!/
usr/bin/perl This obviously doesn't work, since when it runs as a CGI
it is chrooted to /var/www, and can not see /usr/bin. Now I would
think that Apache should be able to run this script using the perl
module, which I have installed, but I can't seem to get it to work.
Could someone point me to something that tells me how to properly
enable/run perl scripts in Apache? I looked at mod_perl website, but
all it says is to add a code block like the following:

Alias /perl/ /home/httpd/perl/
   PerlModule Apache::Registry
   <Location /perl>
     SetHandler perl-script
     PerlHandler Apache::Registry
     Options ExecCGI
     allow from all
     PerlSendHeader On
   </Location>

which just gives me an 'Invalid command 'PerlModule' This would imply
to me that mod_perl isn't being loaded, in spite of being installed,
but that leaves me needing to know how to load the perl module.
Adding a line like LoadModule mod_perl /usr/local/lib/mod_perl.so
(which is the correct path to the mod_perl.so file) just gives me a
"Can't locate API module structure `mod_perl' in file /usr/local/lib/
mod_perl.so: Unable to resolve symbol" What am I missing here? How
can I get Apache to run perl scripts? Thanks for any assistance that
can be provided

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician
Frontier Flying Service INC.