httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Getting Started
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 21:07:04 GMT

On Jan 16, 2007, at 12:39 PM, Brian J Smith wrote:

> Question two - when I hit the menu item 'Edit the Apache httpd
> configuration file I get a windows error message that windows
> cannot open this file. How does one overcome this? BTW I loaded
> Apache on Drive E

Perhaps the shortcut is hardcoded to point to the configuration file
in its default location, on the C: drive?  You are looking for the
file named httpd.conf located in the conf directory under your
installation directory.

As to your first question, once you have the httpd.conf open in
Notepad, find the line that says 'Listen 8080' and change that to 80,
then restart your Apache server or service.

S.