httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Lavi" <ml...@sgi.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Webpage showing me the Index Directory
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 18:51:25 GMT
The default page typically is "index.html", and it is set per the
DirectoryIndex directive, per directory or location.

Please scan your httpd.conf and read the documentation. I am assuming
you're using the latest version of Apache, you did not specity.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dir.html#directoryindex

--Mark

Mark Lavi, Enterprise Web Management Team @ SGI
mailto:mlavi@sgi.com || phone:+1-650-933-7707
________________________________

From: Paolo Villaverde [mailto:ny_jerk@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 10:43 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Webpage showing me the Index Directory

Hi Guys,

I just configured an apache webserver installed in Linux, now I'm a
beginner of Apache. When I installed it and had a minimal changes on the
configuration, likewise added my webpages.

When I tried to view from the webserver, http://localhost
<http://localhost/> , I'am getting the Index directory instead of the
homepage, I do have index.htm on the root page but not showing
automatically.

Please advise.

Thanks,
paulo