httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Justin Johnson" <justinjohn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Building Static Apache on AIX 5.2 with GCC
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 17:19:50 GMT
> Try adding --enable-shared=no and --enable-static=yes to your httpd
> configure line.  As you can see when you trawl the configure output,
> APR is still built with shared libraries.  Also, you'll want httpd
> itself to be statically linked against the gcc stuff.  Enabling a
> module as static only applies to that module.

I tried adding those options but still get the same error; "could not
find an LDAP library".

> I don't know why you're not finding ldap.  Do you have a library of
> the name libldap.a (or whatever suffix AIX uses, I forget) in that /
> svn/lib directory?  I have no idea why configure wouldn't find it there.

Yes, libldap.a exists there.

> In a broader sense, you're not really interested in having LDAP
> static, APR static or the Apache modules static: you just want to
> pick up that gcc runtime, right?  Have you tried moving the shared
> libraries that come with gcc out of the way?  So libtool will only
> find the static one to link against?

I don't have root access on this box, so I can't modify the GCC installation.

> I don't suppose using IBM's C compiler is an option?

If someone could tell me they've compiled with IBM's compiler and
knows that I could run it on another box without installing the
compiler, then I would be interested in going down that path.