httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Serge Dubrouski" <serge...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Simple perl question
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:16:05 GMT
modperl doesn't need to have perl installed because it has it
embedded. Have you tried to put your script into your /perl directory
and run it using Apache::Registry? But most probably it'll have
problems anyway because it'll require perl libraries: CGI, strict,
etc... unless it's a really generic script.

On 1/11/07, Israel Brewster <israel@frontierflying.com> wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2007, at 6:22 AM, Serge Dubrouski wrote:
>
> > DO NOT REMOVE that #!/usr/bin/perl line. Without it OS tries to run it
> > as a binary (ELF or whatever is appropriate for your systen ) file and
> > of course fails.
>
> But with it, it can not find /usr/bin/perl (thanks to the chroot),
> and, of course, fails :-p bit of a catch 22-can't run with it, can't
> run without it. So after reading the various responses, as well as
> some additional web searching, I have gone ahead and copied /usr/bin/
> perl to /var/www/usr/bin/perl so the script can see/access /usr/bin/
> perl, even when chrooted. This, at least, gets rid of the cant find
> file/directory and invalid exec format errors. I'm still getting a
> "premature end of script headers" error when I try to run it though
> Apache, however. Running the test script as "chroot /var/www/ /cgi-
> bin/test.cgi" gives an "Abort trap" error. Running it normally (not
> chrooted) works. Obviously I do not have a proper install of perl in
> my chroot. Sigh. I'll keep trying. Thanks for the responses!

> Israel Brewster
> Computer Support Technician
> Frontier Flying Service INC.
> 5245 Airport Industrial Rd
> Fairbanks, AK 99709
>

> > On 1/10/07, Israel Brewster <israel@frontierflying.com> wrote:
> >> yeah, perl is not available at all from within the Apache chroot
> >> jail, unless I am missing something. Making the change to the
> >> LoadModule line you suggested allowed the various perl directives in
> >> the config file to load without complaint. Attempting to execute the
> >> script, however, results in a [error] (8)Exec format error: exec of /
> >> cgi-bin/perl/routers2.cgi failed This error is the same if I try with
> >> either a .cgi extension on the file or a .pl extension
> >> -----------------------------------------------
> >> Israel Brewster
> >> Computer Support Technician
> >> Frontier Flying Service INC.