httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Set ENV path
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 23:02:13 GMT

On Jan 4, 2007, at 2:45 PM, Kyle Quillen wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a standard Apache install with php and mysql support.
> Everything
> is working great except ghostscript.  I have narrowed down to the fact
> that I need to set the path to ghostscript in an apache config file.

Do you mean the ghostscript executable, or the libraries that PHP
would need to access?

> i am not really sure where to do this can anyone help me out.  This is
> setup for no virutal hosts just one standard site hosted in /var/www

Which operating system? There are subtle differences between UNIX-
like flavors.

In general, Apache will have the executable PATH available as set by
its calling shell.  If you want to add to that (for instance to point
to the ghostscript installation path) you can set

PATH=/path/to/your/ghostscript/bin:$PATH

in the script that starts Apache.

If you need access to the libraries, there are several ways.  By
default, your OS will search a standard set of directories for shared
libraries (like /usr/lib, perhaps /usr/local/lib). You can add to
that collection in an OS specific way (see ld.so(8) and ldconfig(8)),
or set and export the variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the shell that
starts Apache.

Hope that helps you on your way.

S.