httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nathan Kellogg <apa...@nwlocation.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Auth via SQL
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:44:13 GMT
Thanks for the reply Rob.

For the benefit of anyone following this thread :

I finally got this working using  mod_authn_mysql  ,

http://www.gknw.net/development/apache/httpd-2.2/win32/modules/mod_authn_mysql-2.2.3-w32.zip

At first I thought id didn't work because Apache would crash with this error:

"Client does not support authentication protocol"

This was because the MySQL client built into the mod was not compatible
with MySQL 5.x  To make it compatible, we needed to tell MySQL server to
use the old password encoding per,

http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/PHP_FAQ   near the bottom, look for the above
error message.

So, it works, no idea how stable it is.

I guess I should really learn how to compile the modules but I already have
too many jobs!

:)