httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 2.2.3 -> 2.2.4 upgrade problem | APR?
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 16:54:32 GMT
Evan,

On Jan 10, 2007, at 6:23 AM, Evan Cooch wrote:

> checking for APR-util... yes
> configure: error: Cannot use an external APR-util with the bundled APR
> To check to see if this new problem is caused by some change I've
> made to the server (unlikely - all this machine does is serve web
> pages - the only changes I ever make are security patches), I tried
> re-compiling 2.2.3. No problem - everything worked as before.
>
> So, *something* has changed in 2.2.3 -> 2.2.4 that is *broken* on
> my machine (meaning, I can't even configure 2.2.4). In the
> config.log, I see the following:

Could you post your ./configure line?

Could you run the commands

locate apr-1-config
locate apu-1-config

and tell us what the output is?

Finally, try adding --with-included-apr to ./configure .  This forces
the build process to use the apr and apr-util that come with the
release, which I think is what you want to do.  I think this is
relatively new logic, and may be what you're running into.

S.