httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Compiling Apache 1.3.37
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:36:29 GMT

On Jan 19, 2007, at 9:17 AM, Val wrote:

> After this executing 'make' succeeds, but only a small fraction of the
> DSOs I asked for are linked into .so files. More specifically, when I
> look in 'apache_1.3.37/src/modules/standard', these modules are
> missing:

It's been a while since I have looked at Apache 1.3, but it may be
that you have to explicitly enable modules AND tell the build system
to build them shared. So, if you only ask for a shared build, it
won't build the modules that are not in the default set. See ./
configure --help for a list of the defaults.

So, in your case, you'll have to add:

--enable-module=vhost_alias \
--enable-module=mime_magic

etc.

If you don't want to type the entire configure command again, you can
edit the config.status file and run that.

S.