httpd-users mailing list archives

From SriGowri vatticuti <vsg_h...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Reg rotatelog.exe in apache 2.2
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:26:50 GMT
Hi,
  We are running apache 2.2 on windows server 2003 and I was trying to rotate the error.log
file:

  In httpd.conf I added
  ErrorLog "|c:/PROGRA~1/APACHE~1/Apache2/bin/rotatelogs.exe /logs/error.log 10"

  When I restart the apache server it says -unable to find the process for error log

  So I changed to
  ErrorLog "|c:/PROGRA~1/APACHE~1/Apache2/bin/rotatelogs.exe C :/PROGRA~1/APACHE~1/Apache2//logs/error.log
10"

  Even then it complains the same -unable to find process for error log

  So I changed to
  ErrorLog "|rotatelog.exe logs/error.log 10"
  for this the server does not complain any errors but it is not starting

  Can anyone please let me know what could be the issue here.

  Thanks
  vsg

always stay connected to friends.