httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alan Corey <alanco...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Restricting access to a directory by time of day?
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 16:22:43 GMT
I've searched a little but didn't find anything.

I'm thinking about putting something online that may use a bit of bandwidth, so
I'd like to retrict access to times when the office isn't open.  Ideally, I'd
like to have a page displayed to people who try to hit the page explaining the
situation.

I could do this with some combination of cron jobs and scripts (OS is OpenBSD)
but I wondered if there was a way to make it a property of a <Directory /> in
the httpd.conf file.  Or some other nice built-in way that doesn't resort to
replacing httpd.conf and restarting Apache twice a day.

Thank you,

  Alan

Still using an operating system that gets viruses, costs money, insults your intelligence,
and then accuses you of stealing it?  Why?  www.openbsd.org