httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Brian J Smith" <carotria...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Getting Started
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:39:29 GMT
I am learning to use Macromedia to create webpages and using ColdFusion as a
server. In a book it is recommended that Apache be used (instead of PWS
which my OS does not support or IIS which only comes free with XP
professional!

I have downloaded and tried to set up Apache but when I try
http://localhost/ it is not found. I have to ass the 8080 to the address
line to get the message 'It Works'

How can I configure Apache so that it automatically goes to the 8080
address. It is not my intention, at this time, to use Apache as a server
online - it is only going to be a local server (on a single computer)

Question two - when I hit the menu item 'Edit the Apache httpd configuration
file I get a windows error message that windows cannot open this file. How
does one overcome this? BTW I loaded Apache on Drive E

Thanks for your assistamce.

--
Brian J Smith