httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Crosland, Jerel" <Jerel.Crosl...@21st.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_evasive & mod_rewrite problems
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:45:23 GMT
We are running IBM HTTP Server version 2.0.47, which is Apache 2.0.47
repackaged with SSL already configured, etc. as a front end to a
Websphere back-end. We make extensive use of mod_rewrite. While
hardening our Apache servers we installed mod_evasive, but it does not
intercept the calls before mod_rewrite gets them. I sent an email to
Jonathan Zdziarski, who is the author of mod_evasive, and his reply was
that he'd heard of problems with mod_rewrite and mod_evasive together,
but he had no idea how to fix them.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? Any ideas how to track it down
and fix it? I even tried changing the hooking for mod_evasive but it
never took precedence. Wouldn't this be what you want?

Jerel Crosland
x3187

I've never been an intellectual but I have this look.Woody Allen

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended
solely for the use of the addressee.  This e-mail may
contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.
Any review, transmission, disclosure, copying, or any action
taken or not taken, by other than the intended recipient, in
reliance on the information, is prohibited.  If you received
this e-mail in error, notify the sender and delete this e-mail
(and any accompanying material) from your computer and
network. In addition, please be advised that 21st Century
Insurance Group reserves the right to monitor, access and
review all messages, data and images transmitted through
our electronic mail system. By using our e-mail system, you
consent to this monitoring.