httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Hamilton Vera" <hamil...@i2.com.br>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache's module debug best practices
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:37:12 GMT
Hi list.

I am looking for tips to debug a module (built in kylix, like a DSO)
running in apache 1.3.34. Unfortunately I don't have access to the source
code and I have to find out why this module is consuming a lot of CPU and
memory

I had already read some documentation like

http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_status.html
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/misc/API.html

I am monitoring the server using a lot of unix tools like:ps, top, strace,
tuss, sniffers, the /proc subsystem but nothing yet.

Is there a way to know what the module is processing?

Sorry about the poor English.