httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jason Keltz <...@cse.yorku.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] dynamic configuration
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:18:21 GMT
Hi,

I'm wondering whether Apache 2.2 supports dynamic configuration in the
configuration file.  I have this "Location" directive in my Apache 2.2
configuration file that is used for Subversion:

<Location /repos>
         DAV svn
         SVNParentPath /local/subversion/repos

         AuthType Basic
         AuthBasicProvider anon file pam
         AuthName "Subversion Repository"
         AuthUserFile /local/subversion/svnpasswd

         Anonymous_NoUserID off
         Anonymous_MustGiveEmail off
         Anonymous_VerifyEmail off
         Anonymous_LogEmail off
         Anonymous anonymous

         AuthzSVNAccessFile /cs/local/share/subversion/authz/silver

         Require valid-user
</Location>

I'm wondering whether Apache allows me to have a dynamic Local directive
where I could do something like this:

<Location /repos/*>
    .
    SVNParentPath /local/subversion/repos/$1
    .
    AuthUserFile /local/suversion/auth/$1/svnpasswd
    .
    .
    .
    AuthzSVNAccessFile /local/subversion/auth/$1/authz
    .
    .
</Location>

If Apache lets me do this, I don't need a Location directive for EACH
repository.

Any idea?

Jason.