httpd-users mailing list archives

From Fábio Coelho <fabio.coe...@jfsc.gov.br>
Subject [users@httpd] auth_ldap - user is not unique error
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:29:55 GMT
<head>
</head>
 style="font-family: -moz-fixed; font-size: 13px;" lang="x-western">
<pre wrap="">Hi Fabio,

re: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://www.rudedog.org/pipermail/auth_ldap/2006-December/001793.html">http://www.rudedog.org/pipermail/auth_ldap/2006-December/001793.html</a>

I have the following error also:
      User is not unique (search found two or more matches)][No such
object]

After several hours I worked out a what was causing it for me, we have
aliases in our Novell LDAP directory, so I added in the following line:
      AuthLDAPDereferenceAliases never

This fixed it immediately.

I also found the following helpful for debugging:

LDAPCacheEntries 0
LDAPOpCacheEntries 0

Please remove my email signature and forward this on to the mailing list .

Cheers,
Richard

</pre>