httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Gordon <deve...@armadilloweb.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Configuration Problem
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2007 17:10:44 GMT

On 1/12/2007 11:57 PM Michael Gordon created this reply
> Hello,
>
> I have had several versions of the Apache Server on my Windows PC over
> the last several years.  Two months ago I had a HD crash and had to
> reload all programs including Apache.  At this time I opted to download
> and install the latest official updated release.
>
> Part of the update required me to modify the config file to my local
> system, however I have not been able to get everything set for my
> requirements.
>
> This Apache server is used as a test bed on Windows XP Pro SR2 so there
> is no external network connection.
>
> The problems are as follows:
>
> SSI is no longer working in a web browser even though the Include
> directive has been added to the config file.
> Images that are nested inside a simple JavaScript to open a popup window
> do not work.
> The SSI file and the popup image files are one directory below the web
> page calling for those files.
>
> Here is the big road block that points to my config settings, all of the
> above files are on an Earthlink web server running Apache and all the
> files display perfectly.
>
> Can anybody guide me into correcting my standalone server so it will
> perform as a good test bed?
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
>
> Michael Gordon

Correction.  The problem has been found and all is working correctly now.
The problem was entirely mine, I had mistyped one character in a
directory name that was different between the web site server and my
local directory name.  A very tiny and hard to see character like the
difference between a lower case "L" and an upper case"i".

My hand is out for anyone with a "wet noodle".

Michael

--
Armadillo Web Design
Opening your door of opportunity

Armadillo Web Design
www.armadilloweb.com

Character is doing the right thing...
Even when no one is watching...

SeaMonkey
www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
The all in one browser, mail, and composer.
SeaMonkey the "All In One Internet Application Suite"