httpd-users mailing list archives

From Davide Bianchi <dav...@onlyforfun.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] pid file
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2007 15:19:48 GMT
Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> Yes, I forgot to change the path of the Server root in the httpd.conf
> files. However, if I change it to point to the same path I use with -d
> [path], the server doesn't start, because it cannot find the modules

Well, if you specify the Rootdir on the command line, you shouldn't
redefine it in the config file, just comment it out. Another option is
to leave the Root dir the same and just put two different httpd.conf
file in it and start two apache instances using the -c option to specify
a different configuration file. At that point the Root dir could be the
same but you have to specify a different Pid file name instead.

Davide

--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too
dark to read.