httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matt Nelson <m...@nelsonprinting.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache won't serve, access denied
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 01:57:25 GMT
I've set up apache on  trustix 2.0 box, version 2.0.59.  I replaced the
default content with content from a site I had on a now out of commision
much older server. The server gives 403  forbidden errors.  I set
permissions to 777 (for testing)and the owner and group to httpd, just
as the server runs as.  Nope.  I put the content where I eventually
wanted it, in the /home/www/sitename directory. Same permissions, etc.
Same owner. Nope.  Now at one point, and I don't remember when at this
point, but I was getting the html pages if typed by name, but no images,
etc. Never would load.  Now, I'm not getting that anymore either.
Someone on another list said I had to have a virtual host directive for
the site.  I didn't think so, and it hasn't helped either.  My
servername is set to 192.168.1.54:80 for testing, it gets another IP
later. Error log shows "error 13, access to / denied" (not exact syntax)
but thats whats in there.  Now, if its wanted for me to post my entire
httpd.conf here, just say so.  Don't want to post it unless its wanted
to avoid clutter.  But I'm doing something wrong here, and its been a
while since I set a apache server up, but don't remember this kind of
trouble at all.  Also, no SELinux installed either, someone else already
asked that.

Thanks,

Matt