httpd-users mailing list archives

From Davide Bianchi <dav...@onlyforfun.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Forcing logging to the access log
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 15:01:47 GMT
Steve Swift wrote:
> Is there some way to force the update of the access_log to be committed
> before the process starts handling the request?

Not without hacking the code, since the access_log contains the return
code of the request and that's not known until the request has been served.

> I got a group of four of them in the space of one second, so my theory
> is that the faults occur loading images associated with one page.

I've saw scores of those errors when we were using Dynamo (application
server) in combination with mod_ssl, apparently they don't "play nice"
together, and like you said, no 'error' was perceived by the client.

Davide

--
What's good for Standard Oil is good for Microsoft.