httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dhika Cikul" <dci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with SUEXEC
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 00:26:37 GMT
2007/1/3, Steve Swift <steve.j.swift@gmail.com>:
> In order for apache to access /home/mydomain/public_html/ (and presumably
> something like index.html inside that directory) then the userid or group
> that apache is running under needs both "r" and "x" access to each directory
> /home /home/mydomain and /home/mydomain/public_html

I have chmoded /home/mydomain and /home/mydomain/public_html to 755,
but still get 403 permission denied

> I've never understood why it works this way, but I've found out the hard way
> that it does. Depending on your system there may be other access
> restrictions in force, but the error message describes my suggestion rather
> nicely.

i didn't understood about the error message.
 [quote]
 [Fri Dec 29 14:11:45 2006] [error] [client 192.168.65.1]
 (13)Permission denied: access to / failed because search permissions
 are missing on a component of the path
 [/quote]

what is the mean "search permission are missing on a component of the path"?

--
Dhika Cikul