httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jain, Abhay K, INFOT" <jainab...@att.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.4 does not start - no errors
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:12:29 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 3:08 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.4 does not start - no errors

Another thought... when you say "no errors" you mean "no errors to the
screen", right? But what's in the error log?

> Exit code form script is 0

No big surprise... apachectl is just a shell script that forks httpd. If
httpd fails, apachectl can still exit normally...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> and no
> httpd process is running. What may be going on?
> Thanks.

Should have mentioned that we had tried starting
httpd directly and got same results.
Also there is nothing in the error log.
We had tried running with trace and last statement seem
to be fork(). There was a pid associated with fork().
Then next statement was exit(0).