httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vince Neil" <on.with.da.s...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] --enable-rewrite=shared compiling as .a instead of .so
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 00:23:39 GMT
Hi

I am running an installed version of Apache2.2.3 on a OpenSuse linux 10.1.
I am attempting to configure with the following:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-so
--enable-rewrite=shared --with-included-apr  --enable-shared=max
--enable-module=shared

and

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --with-included-apr --enable-so
--enable-rewrite=shared --enable-shared=max

Either way, /usr/local/apache/modules contains mod_rewrite.a and
mod_rewrite.la instead of mod_rewrite.so.

What is causing this and how do I fix it?

Just a little background knowledge.. I initially compiled Apache2.2.3, PHP5,
and the correct modperl from source.  After compiling, everything was
working fine.  Then I installed ruby and fastcgi via YaST.  After that, I am
now forced to use --with-included-apr or it won't configure.  I am thinking
maybe included apr is causing the problem but I dont know.  I am very
familiar with 1.3 but not so much with 2.2.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any helpful 411.

Vince