httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Aaron Wagner" <aar...@technologist.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Forbidden web pages
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:19:12 GMT
On 1/19/07, Lowe, Grant <glowe@ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> I'm getting the error:
>
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /mrtg on this server.
>
> I have searched through Google and looked at various web pages and
> numerous USENET news groups.  I have checked the permissions on the mrtg
> and apache directories and files in question.  I have tried different
> browsers.  I have also looked through the FAQ, specifically, under
> Configuration, question 15 (Why do I get "Forbidden/You don't have
> permission to access / on this server" message whenever I try to access
> my server).  I have tried connecting from different computers.  Still
> the same result.  I'm running Apache 2.0.52 on a CentOS server.  Any
> ideas?

Can you see any pages?

Can you post your httpd.conf file?

--
Thanx
Aaron N Wagner

"...what you don't realize is that in the future Google WILL reach
sentience, will [have had] invent[ed] a time machine, and will [have
had] travel[ed] back in time to prevent Bill Gates... only to become
Bill Gates by accident because of a search engine optimization
miscalculation." (Comment on the Dilbert Blog)