httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bashiro"<bash...@myway.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Changing ssl certificate NOW WORKING
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 09:35:55 GMT

Owen Thanks a lot. Everything seems to be fine now.
Thank you very much for all the help and support.
and thanks to the mailing list administrators.

Have a nice day!
Bashiro

 --- On Fri 01/19, Boyle Owen < Owen.Boyle@swx.com > wrote:
From: Boyle Owen [mailto: Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 08:17:21 +0100
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Changing ssl certificate

> -----Original Message-----> From: Bashiro [mailto:bashiro@myway.com] > Sent: Thursday,
January 18, 2007 10:30 PM> To: Boyle OwenI guess you made an error here and meant to send
this to the list andnot to me directly...> Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Changing ssl certificate>
> > Hello again,> > > > I deleted the error log and started apache again.>
> > > This is what it puts in the eeror log> > > > [Thu Jan 18 22:24:48
2007] [error] Init: SSLPassPhraseDialog > builtin is not supported on Win32 (key file >
C:/Apache/Apache2.2/conf/ssl/myserver.key)Your directive (SSLPassPhraseDialog builtin) is
not supported on your OS(win32). So you can't use it. I've no experience of SSL on windows
socan't advise further.A work-around would be to remove the pass-phrase from the cert(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ssl_faq.html#removepassphrase).Rgds,Owen
BoyleDisclaimer: Any disclaimer attached to this message may be ignored. > > > >
How do I go about it ? > > Thanks in advance> > > > >
wrote:> > From: Boyle Owen [mailto: Owen.Boyle@swx.com]> > To: users@httpd.apache.org,
bashiro@myway.com> > Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:26:11 +0100> > Subject: RE: [users@httpd]
Changing ssl certificate> > > >  > -----Original Message-----> From: Bashiro
users@httpd.apache.org> Subject: RE: > [users@httpd] Changing ssl certificate> >
> Hello,> I > appreciate any help I do get here.> > I thought the problem >
is solved. But I was editing the wrong > httpd.conf file. So > the problem has not benn
solved. that is > why I was still > seeing the old certificate in browser.> >
Apache does not > start when I change the certificate path anyway.> What am I > doing
wrong ? Apache gives a popup windows failed > to start > the serviceerror log?> >
Thanks> > Bashiro> >  --- On Thu > 01/18, Boyle Owen < Owen.Boyle@swx.com
18 Jan 2007 08:11:13 > +0100> Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Changing ssl certificate>
Subject: RE: > [users@httpd] Changing > ssl certificate> > > > Thanks again
> Owen,> This is my code > snip> > SSLCertificateKeyFile > > C:/Apache/Apache2.2/conf/ssl/myserver.key>
SSLCertificateFile > > C:/Apache/Apache2.2/conf/ssl/myserver.crt> > Before apache
> > does not start when I change it. Biut now it does start.> > But > the problem
is: I still see the old certificate when I > ask > the > browser to show me (during
an alert).Make sure > you are > not seeing a cached version - clear the browser >
cache(stop > and restart it).Also, you need to do a full stop > then start > of apache
to reload a cert -apache restart or > graceful is not > sufficient.> > 1.

are accessed with https:// it does > > display the > files intended only for ssl
> virtual domain. How > do I tell > apache not to show ssl > files when any other
sub > domain is > accessed using https, > if that subdomain is not > declared
as > secure in the > virtual host.What exactly do you mean by > subdomain? Do you
and youcannot > distinguish > between the sites in HTTPS > > (seehttp://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ssl_faq.html#vhosts2)>
> Rgds,Owen BoyleDisclaimer: Any disclaimer attached to this > > message may be ignored.
> > I beguine to suspect this > code:> > <VirtualHost _default_:443>>
May be the default is > what is > allowing other
subdomains to be > accessed in > https.> > > > Thanks> Bashiro> >
 --- On Wed 01/17, Boyle > Owen < > Owen.Boyle@swx.com > wrote:> From: Boyle
Owen > [mailto: > Owen.Boyle@swx.com]> To: users@httpd.apache.org> > Date:
Wed, > 17 Jan 2007 11:14:32 +0100> Subject: RE: > [users@httpd] Changing ssl >
certificate> > > -----Original > Message-----> From: Bashiro > !>  >
> [mailto:bashiro@myway.com] > Sent: Wednesday, January 17, > > > 2007 10:27
AM> To: users@httpd.apache.org> Subject: > > > [users@httpd] Changing ssl certificate
could get.> I created > a > > self-signed certificate and it's working fine.Thanks
> to> > the > guys here.> I then created another certificate > and >
wanted to > change, > remove or delete the old one. How > do I > let apache >
know that I > want to use the new one.> I > > changed the path of > the ssl
to the newly created ssl > > > certificate, What did you > write? (cut'n'paste
exact line >
> from config)> but I get errors > from apache. what *exact* > > errors (cut'n'paste
from browser > and error log)Rgds,Owen > > BoyleDisclaimer: Any disclaimer > attached
to this message > > may be ignored. > Cannot start > > service. If I change
it to > > the old one then it does work.> > > Any help ?> > Thanks>
> > Bashiro> > > > > _______________________________________________>
No banners. > !>  > > No pop-ups. No > kidding.> Make My Way  your home
on the > > Web - > http://www.myway.com> > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------------------->
> > -------> The official User-To-User support forum of the > > > Apache
HTTP > Server Project.> See > > > <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html>
For > additional > > commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org> >  This
message > > is for the
named person's use only. It may > contain > > confidential, proprietary or legally
privileged > information. > > No confidentiality or privilege is waived or > lost
by any > > mistransmission. If you receive this message > in error, please > >
notify the sender urgently and then > immediately delete the > > message and any
copies of it from > your system. Please also > > immediately destroy any > hardcopies
of > the message. You must > not, > directly or indirectly, use, > disclose, distribute,
> print, > or copy any part of this > > message if you are not the > intended
recipient. The sender's > > company reserves the > right to monitor all e-mail >
> communications through their > networks. Any views expressed in > > this message
are those > of the individual sender, except > where > the message states > otherwise
and the sender is > authorised to > state them to > be the views of the sender's

Project.See > > > <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.To
Server Project.> See > > <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more
> > commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org>  This message > > is

for the named person's use only. It may contain > > confidential, proprietary or legally
privileged information. > > No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
> > mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please > > notify the
sender urgently and then immediately delete the > > message and any copies of it from
your system. Please also > > immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You
must > > not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, > > print, or
copy any part o!>  f > this message if you are not the intended > recipient. The
> sender's company reserves the right to monitor > all e-mail > communications through
their networks. Any views > expressed > in this message are those of the individual
sender, > except > where the message states otherwise and the sender is > > authorised
to state them to be the views of the sender's > > company.------------------------------------------------------>
For additional > commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org> > > _______________________________________________>
No banners. No pop-ups. No
kidding.> Make My Way  your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com> >  This message