httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bashiro"<bash...@myway.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Changing ssl certificate
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:20:53 GMT

Hello,
I appreciate any help I do get here.

I thought the problem is solved. But I was editing the wrong httpd.conf file. So the problem
has not benn solved. that is why I was still seeing the old certificate in browser.

Apache does not start when I change the certificate path anyway.
What am I doing wrong ? Apache gives a popup windows failed to start the service

Thanks

Bashiro

 --- On Thu 01/18, Boyle Owen < Owen.Boyle@swx.com > wrote:
From: Boyle Owen [mailto: Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 08:11:13 +0100
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Changing ssl certificate

> -----Original Message-----> From: Bashiro [mailto:bashiro@myway.com] > Sent: Wednesday,
January 17, 2007 10:30 PM> To: users@httpd.apache.org> Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Changing
ssl certificate> > > > Thanks again Owen,> This is my code snip> > SSLCertificateKeyFile
C:/Apache/Apache2.2/conf/ssl/myserver.key> SSLCertificateFile C:/Apache/Apache2.2/conf/ssl/myserver.crt>
> Before apache does not start when I change it. Biut now it does start.> But the problem
is: I still see the old certificate when I ask the > browser to show me (during an alert).Make
sure you are not seeing a cached version - clear the browser cache(stop and restart it).Also,
you need to do a full stop then start of apache to reload a cert -apache restart or graceful
is not sufficient.> > 1. > How do I change this to take effect of the  new certificate
> in browser.> > 2. > I have only declared only one subdomain as secure host >
example, https://secure.myhost.com in the virtual host. But > when other sub
domains are accessed with https:// it does > display the files intended only for ssl virtual
domain. How > do I tell apache not to show ssl files when any other sub > domain is
accessed using https, if that subdomain is not > declared as secure in the virtual host.What
exactly do you mean by subdomain? Do you mean you have severalsites on the same IP? Then you
have name-based virtual-hosting and youcannot distinguish between the sites in HTTPS (seehttp://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ssl_faq.html#vhosts2)Rgds,Owen
BoyleDisclaimer: Any disclaimer attached to this message may be ignored. > > I beguine
to suspect this code:> <VirtualHost _default_:443>> May be the default is what
is allowing other subdomains to be > accessed in https.> > > Thanks> Bashiro>