httpd-users mailing list archives

From Riemer Palstra <rie...@palstra.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess not enabled?
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2007 23:48:45 GMT
On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 12:36:32AM +0100, Emil Edeholt wrote:
> I've done this before so I'm quite sure it's correct. Does one need to
> enable .htaccess files somewhere in the apache conf file?

Look into the Directory directives for the directory the .htaccess is in
(or any higher one if applicable) and find out if there is any
AllowOverride option enabled (and if it's set to 'None' then your
.htaccess file and everything in there will definitely be ignored).

--
Riemer Palstra		     		      Amsterdam, The Netherlands
riemer@palstra.com				 http://www.palstra.com/