httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hugh Williams <hu...@soco.agilent.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_proxy on 1.3.33 error
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 19:23:25 GMT
Hi;

I'm trying to get my Apache 1.3.33 installation to do reverse proxying.
The error message that keeps appearing is familiar:

[Thu Jan  4 10:13:31 2007] [warn] [client 141.121.49.4] proxy: No protocol handler was valid
for the URL /org/proxtest/. If you are using a DSO version of mod_proxy, make sure the proxy
submodules are included in the configuration using LoadModule.

Reviewing the list archives and searching elsewhere reveals that for
Apache 2.x, there are submodules that need to appear, and in fact I am
successfully using them on my 2.2.3 setup.  However, I can't seem to
figure out how to create or configure them for 1.3.33, or if they're
really needed.  The make process for mod_proxy looks like it "includes"
all the sub items in the main module, at least 'proxy_http.c' appears in
the libproxy.so file - and you can't create mod_proxy_http.so for
example by any reasonable make command.  I tried using apxs:

   apxs -c -i proxy_http.c

but apxs complained about needing a mod name (-n), and once I did that,
the resulting .so file fails to even pass 'apacehctl configtest'.

What am I missing?  Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

hugh

--
 Hugh Williams                  "There are two things to aim for in life;
 hugh_williams@agilent.com       first, to get what you want; and after that,