httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Icon for Link Directory
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 22:21:28 GMT
On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 06:36:40 +0000 (GMT)
Indraveni <indraveni@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Apache2.2.3 version and I created symlink using the comman
> ls  -l /home/veni /var/www/veni. Now I have a link for the veni
> directory created under the path /var/www. When I am viewiing the
> content of /var/www, I want to differentiate the directory and the
> link with the icon displayed beside it.

There's no builtin way to do that: how you organise your filesystem
is no business of the outside world, and the only choice you get
is to enable/disable symlinks.

Having said that, I'd be looking at TFM for mod_rewrite,
and using a rewriterule to select a different icon for symlinks.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/