httpd-users mailing list archives

From Vidiot <br...@mrvideo.vidiot.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Building Static Apache on AIX 5.2 with GCC
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 20:39:07 GMT
>The libraries are a part of gcc, and there is a policy at my work that
>prevents compilers from being installed on production boxes.  I might
>be able to get them to install gcc but remove the actually compiler
>executable, but I'm not sure and I wanted to figure out what the
>correct way to do this is so that gcc doesn't have to be installed.

We don't install the compilers on our boxes either, but libraries that are
needed are placed on the boxes we ship.  Can't compile, but the compiled
code that needs a shared library gets the library it needs.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot@vidiot.com                                /~\ The ASCII
                                                         \ / Ribbon Campaign