httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Upgrade Question
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:26:37 GMT

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/upgrading.html

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/upgrading.html

> Will I be able to use the httpd.conf files from the original server
> configurations or will I have to do those from scratch?

Largely, yes.  See the above for instructions.  As someone suggests,
start by just firing up a  test server (you have a test server, don't
you? You can install one on your desktop if necessary) and see what
bombs.

> Also what other issues do I have to deal with to make the
> transition smooth?

Should be fairly straightforward.

S.

Open Source Software Consultant