httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Adding apr_thread_mutex_t to httpd.h
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:21:05 GMT
Arthur,

On Jan 3, 2007, at 9:04 AM, Arthur Kreitman wrote:

> I’m adding code to create new logs files periodically.   This is on
> winnt.  Since none of the log file support is thread safe, I want
> to add an access lock.   I can’t seem to get apr_thread_mutex_t
> defined in httpd.h.   I’ve added #include “apr_thead_mutex.h” to no
> avail, there’s some dependency I can’t quite see.  Any of you
> experts know the magic incantation?

That should do the trick. What do you do to make sure your build
system can find that header?  I have an example module,
mod_example_ipc.c, that uses global mutexes.  It doesn't explicitly
include any APR mutex header, but I seem to be so lucky as to pick it
up automatically:

#include "apr.h"
#include "apr_strings.h"

#include "httpd.h"
#include "http_config.h"
#include "http_log.h"
#include "http_protocol.h"
#include "ap_config.h"

#if !defined(OS2) && !defined(WIN32) && !defined(BEOS) && !defined

(NETWARE)
#include "unixd.h"
#define MOD_EXIPC_SET_MUTEX_PERMS /* XXX Apache should define
something */
#endif

#if APR_HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H
#include <sys/types.h>