httpd-users mailing list archives

From Israel Brewster <isr...@frontierflying.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Simple perl question
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:10:46 GMT

On Jan 11, 2007, at 2:15 AM, Mark Feather wrote:

> What is not being found?

/usr/bin/perl, since it is not in the chroot jail

> Is apache finding the perl script or is perl not finding what it
> wants to run the script.

Perl is not being found- it can't be, since apache (annd, by
extention, the CGI's run under it) is chrooted to /var/www

> Have you had perl scripts running without errors in the past?

Nope. At least, not through the webserver. Never tried before. Perl
scripts are running fine on the system level

> When you try running the test.cgi script does apache / your browser
> find it and try to run it, if apache does find it and it does start
> then is it perl that is if failing to run the script because it is
> misconfigured in some way?

Apache finds it and tries to run it, but as with the main script, it
can't find /usr/bin/perl

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician
Frontier Flying Service INC.