httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Issues installing PHP
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:30:09 GMT

On Jan 22, 2007, at 7:08 AM, Nick Kew wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 00:24:19 -0500 (EST)
> "Bashiro"<bashiro@myway.com> wrote:
>

>> LoadModule php5_module "P/php/php5apache2.dll"
>> 	AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>
> Please don't propagate that myth.  It's an ugly hack
> that may have been required in the very early days,
> but got fixed in 1996.  Except for zombies that refuse
> to update.

If we really want that zombie to go away, we'll need to do some more
evangelizing.  All of Ubuntu 6.06, Centos38 and Apple's Mac OS X have
the AddType hack in the configuration of their packaged PHP.
Incidentally, our own
perl-framework test suite also uses AddType in t/conf/extra.conf.in.

I think we owe it to Bashiro and Vince to divulge what the right
incantation is:

AddHandler php5-script php

...if I am not mistaken.

Finally, Vince, for us to get an idea of what your problem is, you
need to tell us what goes wrong on your server.  Look in Apache's
error.log and, if that file is not generated, in the Event Viewer on
your Windows system and tell us what they say regarding your latest
attempt to start the server.

Thank you,

S.