httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Octavian Rasnita" <orasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] pid file
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2007 13:27:11 GMT
From: "Davide Bianchi" <davide@onlyforfun.net>

> Are you sure that you don't overwrite the ServerRoot in the httpd.conf
> file again? Since the ServerRoot is specified just before the PidFile,
> maybe you are overriding it twice...

Yes, I forgot to change the path of the Server root in the httpd.conf files.
However, if I change it to point to the same path I use with -d [path], the
server doesn't start, because it cannot find the modules directory. So I
need to create not only the  "logs" and "config" directories, but the
"modules" also, and possibly other directories from the directory where
Apache is installed.
But in that case  I guess it would be more simple to make 2 totally separate
Apache installations...

Octavian