httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Octavian Rasnita" <orasn...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] pid file
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2007 11:49:58 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to start 2 servers using the same httpd program, and for doing
this, I specify the base directory for each server, using:

/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -d /path_to_server1
/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -d /path_to_server2

In each of those 2 directories I have a directory named "conf" with the
configuration files, and I also have a directory named "logs" for storing
the log files, and the PID file.

In each of those 2 httpd.conf files I have specified:

PidFile logs/httpd.pid

The problem is that Apache stores httpd.pid in /usr/local/apache2/logs
instead of storing it in the "logs" directory under the base directory
specified when starting the server.

I can specify the full path for httpd.pid, but I don't understand why the
"conf" directory is used from the base directory specified, but the "logs"
directory is not, and it is used the "logs" directory from the main
directory where Apache is installed.

Couldn't be Apache made so that when -d [directory_name] is used at startup,
to use it as a parent directory for "logs" also?

Octavian