httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tony van der Hoff <lists_0...@vanderhoff.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.3: DirectorySlash not allowed here
Date Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:02:27 GMT
On 16 Dec at 19:18 Ding Deng <ding.deng@gmail.com> wrote in message
<87k60ry7hi.fsf@jabber.people.163.org>

> Tony van der Hoff <lists_0504@vanderhoff.org> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to include a DirectorySlash Off in a .htaccess file:
> >
> > Order allow,deny Allow from all
> >
> > Options All -ExecCGI #DirectoryIndex DirectorySlash off
> >
> > This results in a 500; the entry in the error_log being:
> > /home/www/html/coxroster_src/.htaccess: DirectorySlash not allowed here
> >
> > According to the docs, DirectorySlash should be allowed in .htaccess.
> > Anyone got any suggestions as to what's wrong, please?
>
> Yes, but...
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/htaccess.html#what

Thank you for this reference to what an htaccess file is, but, to be honest,
I am at a loss to understand it.

I am guessing that you are suggesting that I should have an AllowOverride
DirectorySlash directive in my config. Unfortunately this is not a valid
override, the valid ones being AuthConfig, FileInfo, Indexes, and Options.
None of these seem relevant.

You must therefore have meant something different, so I'd be grateful if you
would post a slightly less terse reply for me.

Thanks again,
--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England