httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tony van der Hoff <lists_0...@vanderhoff.org>
Subject [users@httpd] apache serves cgi error as application/x-perl
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 11:54:32 GMT
Hi,

Apologies if this has been raised before; I couldn't find anything similar
in the faq, nor the last 2 months archives.

I recently upgraded from Apache 2.0 to 2.2. Adjusted the configuration
appropriately, and mostly everything works fine.

However, when the server fails to execute a perl cgi script due to, say, bad
permissions, or a script error, i.e. "premature end of script headers", it
appears to generate the correct 500 error page, but serves it as mime type
appication/x-perl, instead of text/html. The previous version handled this
correctly.

Error-free scripts work fine, so I don't think it's anything related to
ExecCGI, or addhandler.

This must obviously be a problem with my configuration, but having fiddled
about for a few days, I've not progressed much further. Changing the
mime.types file for .pl to text/html is effective, but it doesnt feel like
the correct solution to the problem.

Has anyone any hints, please?

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org