httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd 2.0.53 processes don't die
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 02:01:18 GMT
On 12/27/06, gdwfkd@gmail.com <gdwfkd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Running apache 2.0.53 on Solaris 8.  Child processes build up to the maximum
> (MaxClients), and then the web server stops responding so I have to go and
> kill old httpd process (I never have to restart apache).  The processes I
> kill are generally a few days old, or several hours old.

Not much of a point trying to debug problems in a server that is out
of date.  Try a more recent version.

Then pull out some debugging tools.  You can start with mod_status'
server-status handler, which can tell you what request the stuck
processes are serving.  Then you can try a debugger or a syscall trace
tool to attach to the processes and see what they are up to.

Joshua.